Gapuz Communicable Disease Nursing. COMMUNICABLE DISEASES are diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms that can be passed from an infected person to a vulnerable person by direct, indirect, or skin-to-skin contact.
Diseases that are communicable are spread by:
- Direct Mode of Transmission
Transmission from one person to another.
Droplet transmission is the most prevalent method.
- Sexual Contact
It occurs in people.
- Indirect Mode of Transmission
From a transmission source to a new host via an intermediate object
You’re connected to an infected person through a bridge.
Bridges or intermediate objects
- Vehicle-borne Transmission
- Non-living things
- Catheter, tubing, and linens are examples of items used by patients.Vector-borne Transmission
- Living things but are non-human
- Insects, arthropods, and rodents are all examples of pests.